stripped out rear

Discussion in 'ICE' started by VWSaxon, Dec 17, 2003.

1. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

hello all,
    just stripped out me boot ready for a little install
    have pioneer stuff to go in it.
    im planning on boarding off the floor for me sub, amp and changer, has anyone got any pictures of ones theyve done and any tips?

[​IMG]
    Edited by: VWSaxon

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

are you taking the rear seats out then?

i want to make a false floor for the boot of my mk2,

not really sure on how to go about it though,

tim

3. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

yeh me seats are out, everyting is belts carpets, the lot
    not many people done this then i gather with the lack of replies lol! [:D]

4. carl moffatt Forum Member

In the process of doing mine actualy. Today me and a mate started on mine. I already had a flase floor with all the trimmings removed but wanted a better quality job. So ripped everything back out again and started again. What we are doing(as i dont want tinted windows) is building a sub enclosure into the sparewheel well while building the false floor over it. First time round we did the false floor in the sub box carpet and it went fluffy and look crap. This time round we are doing it with vynal and using some padding under the layer of vynal to give it that puffed up kinda look.

We was also thinking about building a window for the amp and a removable wolkswagen badge for over the the sub. Just waiting for the sub and amp to arive so we can start to build.

5. hansom_dog New Member

i got some pics mate of my install if you are interested! aint finished thow email me and i can send you some pics! my email address ishansom_dog@hotmail.com cheers

6. matt Forum Member

mine was lacking back seats etc and boarded out but it use to be a van

7. Madbloke Forum Member

Make a template out of card first then transfer this to the MDF --- As the boot floor aint even you may want to think of using a couple of battons and glue them to the floor with no more nails in places wher boot floor is same height --- this then gives you something to screw the floor too as well as allowing it to be even and room underneath to lay cable -- have pics but can post - sorry [:^(]

Also this method makes it a pain to access the spare

8. Gary Forum Member

Im in the process of finishing mine, just waiting on the roll cage arriving so I know exactly where it will sit....

Heres a couple of pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GT

GT Forum Member

i am putting an install in the back of my car in place of the rear seats. what do you fix the false floor to in the car, got plans for the rest but not sure of the best way to start it off. any one help, would be well greatful. cheers. ( love the wheels gary )

10. Gary Forum Member

My boot build has a flat wooden panel for the amp to sit on, bonded to where the seat base would be.

There are then two thin strips of wood running from the amp panel to the back of the car at either side.

The top panels just sit ontop of the sub box and a facing panel behind the seats.

Also got them held in with metal dowels to stop the top panels from moving, will get some more pics with the tops of to show you what I mean....

Cheers for the compliment about the wheels!