Supercharged 2L AAC, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Powerofrah, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Powerofrah New Member

hi all, am new to club gti.

i am in the position where i have removed the AAC lump (2l 8v) out of my 1999 T4 to fit 2E with higher comp, x-flow head and a twin delortos...just for the craic.

the thing is i have the AAC sat in the shed ripe for charging.

i have read that they are suitable due to the lower comp and reliable block....in the long run plan to put this lump in mk1 caddy.

what i want to know is, who has done it before.....whats there set up?

my initial ideas are AAC bottom end, m45 charger, uprated injectors and was thinking about going down k-jet road. which k-jet head would fit this block? or should i keep it on standard injection?

any ideas/thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks for your time

rich

2. Powerofrah New Member

Hi there

Currently got metering head, manifold, injectors off 1.8 8v using same head by off Different car which was on Ecu but can remove inserts to fit k-jet injectors.

Was going to map in boost on ignition with mega jolt. Any one see any major problems an does anyone know if you can run a knock sensor on mega jolt?

Cheers

3. eatonmk2 Forum Member

One of the main issues with using k-jet, is that the Eaton is always on,ie driving at 4k even thought your not seeing boost in your inlet manifold cos its being dumped off and k-jet metering head wouldn't know that cos the air being taken in by the Eaton will be lifting the k-jet flap which in turn will be dumping in fuel, I think some k-jet turbo metering heads had a manifold boost sensor but again that was setup for turbos and if that would make a big enough cut in fuel is key. Going efi would cost more but you'd get out so much more.