supercharged mk2 vr6

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by leejordan vr6, Jun 12, 2012.

1. hi im new to this site i have an 1989 mk2 small bumperd supercharged vr6 golf and its running 283bhp and im after some more power its runnig standerd injectors and im wondering witch 1ns would be a best upgrade also its got standerd cams what cams would be good aswell ?

2. lewp91 Forum Member

standard management? have a look on vwvortex, those guys charge vr's all the time ;)

3. craggsy Forum Member

Most people go straight to 440s tho 360s work well as well

Im on about injectors lol

4. Rigs Paid Member Paid Member

There are several options for cams specifically designed for FI e.g. the schimmel 264s and a handful of equivalents that I can't remember. As said make sure cams are right for boost.

I'm assuming you're aware that and change to injectors and arguably cams too will require a remap to do it properly...

Also, depending on what charger you have you might be at the limit already - the popular vortech chargers than everyone seems to have start to struggle over 300hp depending of course on what you have... It's certainly worth checking capabilities of your other components before worrying about cams and injectors.

5. turbotommy Forum Member

Are you running an intercooler (not as stupid as it sounds honest)