T3 Turbo on a 1.8T?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Imran, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Imran Forum Member

What work would i need done to put a T3 Turbo onto my 1.8T? apart from a cutom manifold?

2. smokesho New Member

what makes you want a t3? the turbo that's on the car already is pretty good to run 20 lbs of boost all day long. do the right work and u can have around 300 hp with the stock turbo

3. Imran Forum Member

U sure? 300bbhp from a K03 non sport?

4. smokesho New Member

i don't really see why not. with enough done to the engine... look at the Mk iv 1.8T posts i have and then think about it

5. smokesho New Member

now, from what i know, if u do go with a t3, u need to get the exhaust manifold taken care of as u mentioned, and get someone who knows how to program the car for the turbo..... and the turbo for the car...... get a BOV suitable for the turbo. and, will the turbo take oil ? it should, so u'll have to find a way to feed it the oil so it doesn't destroy itself..... then u have to hook up the rest of the exhaust system to the turbo..... and the first part of the intake system to the turbo, which u will probably want to modify anyways.

6. Dub20vt Forum Member

u won't get 300bhp from a K03!

to make 300bhp+ u'll need at the least a K04!

7. Imran Forum Member

Yep exactly what i thought!