Taking a chick to the cinema- whats good? UPDATE!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GRINGOG60, Apr 21, 2007.

1. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Taking a minx out tonight- need to know whats good on at the moment. Something light hearted would be good preferably funny.

Anyone see Blades of Fury?- about those figure dancers

James

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  2. Seraph Banned

1st date?

if so, never goto the cinema!

if not, let her choose! lol

3. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Yeah but i know her through work and its the whole just split up from her ex thing so taking it easy.
    Im good at these things dont worry ;)

4. Admin Guest

You're taking someone to the cinema???

you dont sound very good at these kinds of things!

Regardless of circumstance, you want to make sure that when you go somewhere with a girl that she associates new experiences and excitement with being around you.

When she gets home and rings her friends, instead of saying "yeah, we went and did this, that etc" she gets home and says "oh my god it was amazing, we did this, that, oh my, it was fantastic!"

So you need to do something she'll have never done before.

Tell her to bring some jeans and some trainers, get yourself out to the shops quick sharp, go buy a kite and some chemi-lights, take her for a quick drink until its nearly dark then go fly a kite at night.

I guarantee she wont have done that before and it will instantly set you apart from the crowd.

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Crikey! Let's hope she doesn't fall off the edge of a cliff in the dark! :lol:

6. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Elucidate's answer's a cracker;

Another factor that might work in your favour if you like this 'minx' (and that term doesn't seem all that respectful, but then I'm an old fart) is to know that adrenaline helps to 'bring people together'. So fairground rides, ice skating, slightly dangerous stuff (but not driving!) etc may get the 'juices flowing' (indirectly).

The flaw to this plan is that it's artificial/contrived, and therefore if you don't keep up the excitement level, you'll soon get canned...:lol:

7. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Always let them pick the film. It will be crap, but hopefully you wont have to watch very much of it;)

Plus point is that you dont have to say much during a film so you cant ruin your chances too much either :lol:

8. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

ice skating! :thumbup:

always fun, and to keep to elucidates "rule" probably never done it before, or at least not on a date.

plus, when she goes down, whale tail action ;) :lol:

9. The db

The db Forum Junkie

My most successful date ever was when I agreed to keep a girl company whilst she went shopping - well worth it.

10. Admin Guest

Actually, that used to be one of my favourite first dates.

Most men treat the girl as 'the prize' and act as such, If the man maintains his position as the prize, the girl has to chase, and again, it becomes exciting and its not something she is used to doing, think cat and a ball of wool.

So, I used to invite the girl out shopping, it would always be my little sisters brithday so I could buy her a present, therefore the girl feels she has valid input and wants to come along.

So then the date instantly becomes about you and the shopping, and not about you and the girl, so it keeps you in a 'prize' position and she is left trying to make a lasting impression on you.

For the first 10 dates, it should always be about doing something she hasn't done with anyone else ever before, that way, you are the most interesting person she has ever met, the most fun to be around and like pavlovs dog, you = FUN!

11. Seraph Banned

yeah, but you cant boost them either![:^(]

12. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Stunning lucidity and advice, wish I'd read this stuff a long time ago. My 'dating skills' in my teens/twenties/early thirties were abysmal! I think the only times I 'got any' were when sympathetic girls felt sorry for me :lol: .

13. G-Man Forum Junkie

Did the cinema ticket have this written on it

[​IMG]

Hit jackpot? :lol:

14. prof Forum Addict

cinema and let her choose :lol:

are you mad, her 1st impression of you will be, subservient and unimaginative, not exactly what Pitt/Cloony would do is it?

listen to Elucidate, he is the pied piper of pussy

15. Seraph Banned

many women like to dominate!;)

+ pitt / cloony=loosers!:lol:

16. prof Forum Addict

if you can't stand up to her/ lead, then you will instantly disqualify yourself as an alpha male, now who wants to breed/ or practice breeding with the inferior stock?

17. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Erm...

My "first date" involved turning up in a Mk1 GTI, check a clutch cable on a Polo, caigning said GTI to Pizza shop, coming back, getting into bed, eating Pizza and drinking Stella.

Job done.

You can go to the cinema after...

18. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Not heard it called that B4,

She was a 'squirter' then?

Sorry [:$] !

19. G-Man Forum Junkie

I agree....my best times have been shopping trips with girls as you can always have a bit of a laugh and the worse they can do is actually recommend you something nice to wear! [:D]

As for the 'prize' theory i read that somewhere too! Apparently girls are often used to the attention they get, so are usually prepared to knock men back. The cat and ball of wool is great way of describing it, as the book purely states if you dangle the wool, the cat will keep chasing it, however let the cat have it, and it loses all interest! :lol:

20. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Huh?! - My "best times" have had nothing to do with shopping...

Last years Carrera Caledonia Rally in a 1962 Lancia Flamania was one of my "best times".

Driving the Caterham Se7en CSR Cosworth in anger for the first time was another...

...but shopping?! I can think of 100 better things to fill my time in.

As for dangling wool infront of a cat, you are obviously chasing the wrong type of girl. If you find you have to do loads of stuff to appear all mysterious and attractive I can guarantee that if you are successful, the "type" of girl you are chasing will have you selling your GTI and using the money for a nice sensible family car and spending time decorating and picking nice curtains.

I met my g/f through PVW. She's had more Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 Golfs' than I've had and her idea of a good time involes choosing Alloy Wheels or fitting a big sound system.

Shopping - pah, I've never heard so much drivvel!