TB’s on kjet? can it be done?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by octane, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I'll kill you for stealing my car Nurburg! [:x] :lol:

2. albinoDUB Forum Member

Sorry, i should have chose my original words more wisely.

k-jet mechanical injection is late 70's technology, obviously you guys have proved that lots of power can be made using k-jet,

but its still an old design with much more modern and more effeceint systems available(althou this cost)

my car abf mk3 made 180bhp with just a panel filter and cat pipe and full system.
    the rollers where pretty acurate, there was a 9a with schricks gas flowed head and some other stuff running k-jet which made 184bhp.

your powers are good but do you think they would be more peak, or better through mid range with a mappable management?
    i know this would cost alot more than sticking with k-jet, but the orginal question was running t/b with k-jet which would cost.

3. davey j Forum Member

What K-Jet cars you been driving then? Far better daily drive than Digifant 8v engines.

4. davey j Forum Member

Same can be said of G-Ladder chargers, but people still bang on about them..............

5. prof Forum Addict

it'd be a fun experiment, and i reckon it would work, but whether it would be worth doing...........
    Edited by: prof

6. octane Forum Junkie

only way you'de see any more is along side larger mettering head/air flap? or 2 as said.

9mpg anyone? :lol:

7. Nurburgring Forum Member

[8(] apart from colour and wheel there are a fair few differences to distinguish them though :thumbup: