TDI remap to 165bhp???!!

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by charlie123ii, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

taking the gauze out of the MAF made a great difference to my later PD130, but im not sure id go for a simple rechip after what ive seen in the past.

doing things like making sure air actually flowed through and past the intercooler made a difference too.

2. Collie Forum Junkie

how can celtic prove this will they do you a power run pre and post remap. any way forget the numbers, if it feels significantly quicker after the remap for 300 quid thats all that matters , isnt it?

3. dubst16v Forum Member

that and having a clutch and gearbox 6months later?? lol

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

if it kills the box within 6 months then you know it packs a lot of fury

or you could just drive a bit more sensible and not hammer them at low revs/speed

5. Seraph Banned

95k! - rep or taxi driver?!

6. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

its just the drive to work lol , never used this one for work purposes , did that in the VR6 was all good in pence per mile :-)

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

thats what i thought lol what year is it?

saying that, my 2002 a4 pd130 had 104 or 114k miles when i got it in 2004 [:D]

8. mexicorich Forum Member

Clutch problems ahve been common on chipped TDis
    Many of the programs have had to be modded to reduce the torque spike at 2,000rpm because standard clutches wouldn't cope unless brand new

9. prof Forum Addict

No kidding guys, reported exhaust gas temps in the high 900s and cylinder pressures way way above safe limits, and it also made no where near the claimed figures. BEWARE.

10. prof Forum Addict

I seem to remember Trendy Tramp forcasting these problems a few years ago, and knowing about these things for him is a full time job

11. dubst16v Forum Member

trouble is why are none of these companies making people properly aware of the long term effects?

12. Seraph Banned

ahh, now theres someone you could rely on for solid, cr@p-less info :thumbup:

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i could kill a clutch and gbox on a standard engine. if you drive it like a tard, its bound to die.

theyre hardly making freakish levels of power, but if you can feel the box isnt happy and you have an ounce of sense, you dont let it try to pull itself apart at 1500rpm do you

14. prof Forum Addict

what? like Marlboro :lol: these companies probably do not have the serious test equipment, but as a lot of the remaps don't show up on a diagnostic, and manufacturers are getting warranty claims for stuff that may have been caused by the remap, the manufacturers are getting very interested in it all

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

thats what i thought too. i know smoking is more than likely to damage me so i do it in moderation [:D]

same as my golf too, i dont do full bore standing starts cos my ABF POWERPLANT OF FURY would soon destroy everything else, including itself.

16. dubst16v Forum Member

not that i make a habit of it but ive got 2.0 16v mk2, standard clutch n gearbox and solid engine mounts and given her a few harsh standing starts with no problems at all.

but everything in moderation i guess

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you can destroy pretty much anything if you give it enough abuse. im sure it would be easier if you had a chipped tdi turning out 300lbft or more when it only left the factory with 230