Temperature warning light

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Paul steadman, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Paul steadman Paid Member Paid Member

and so it continues !! 1990 golf gti mk2 , temperature warning light keeps flicking on but the car isn’t overheating and not loosing water , also when the red light comes on my non working rev counter kicks into action until the light goes out , have cleaned earth on head brown /white wire and checked and cleaned obvious electrical connections , any idea what it could be in laymen’s terms as I far from being mechanical minded , thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Paul steadman Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for that interesting think I just gonna place an ad wanted for replacement cluster

4. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

I'd do the same thing myself Paul to be honest, it's never a bad thing to have a spare anyway

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Paul I might have a spare 140mph unit somewhere, but I need to sort thru my shed and the boxes of spare cluster parts see if I have enough to build a good set. If you send me your broken set that may work in your favour actually, I might be able to swap your PCB for a good one if thats the only fault. I definitely have several 8v main boards...