Tez's Tornado Red Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk4 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Tez, Feb 3, 2015.

1. TEZ

Tez New Member

x

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Very clean Mate ..love mk4's [8D]

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks great, red on black wheels looks classy [8D]

4. TEZ

Tez New Member

Thank-you, lots to do over the next few years :)

5. TEZ

Tez New Member

Cheers :) The wheels are probably going to have to go soon as they won't fit over the brakes I plan on getting :(

6. carpmandaz1970 Forum Member

nice clean original example always loved the golf in red i had to buy a black metallic coz i couldnt find a decent red one

7. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Looks spot on to me!! Makes me laugh how people buy a mk4 then go and put Anni bits on... Might as well buy an Anni lol

8. TEZ

Tez New Member

Thank-you very much! It took me a very long time to find this car in this spec and condition, but it was well worth the wait. Metallic black ( LC9Z? ) Is also a very nice colour, and the colour I would choose after Tornado red :)

9. TEZ

Tez New Member

Thank-you :) Yeah I didn't buy an Anniversary because I want to have all sorts of different bits on mine, which will continuously change as the years go by and I couldn't do that to an Anniversary. Yes, I will have a few Anniversary parts on there don't get me wrong but this is going to be temporary and only a few select parts I will keep on there as things will change and I don't want to make it an Anniversary rep even though I could quite easily do that as I already have the correct paint code, engine, gearbox etc. I would rather buy an Anniversary separately and keep it all original :)

10. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Really like that mate, and I do have a soft spot for Mk4's ;)

I miss my old one :(

Would be nice to see this at the London meet this Sunday.

11. TEZ

Tez New Member

Thank-you very much dude, really appreciate it!

Were you/Are you a member on Uk-Mkivs.net? I'm sure I have seen your MK2 GTI and MK7 GTI PP on there?

I would absolutely love to be going to the meet on Sunday in this, but unfortunately this is back up at home in the North West :'( Realistically, I can't afford to run it here at the moment, the insurance is much higher, the fuel economy isn't great and I wouldn't be prepared to leave it in the University car park, if I could find someone willing to let me keep the car at their house in a garage or on a drive then it may be another story. If I can get myself a part time job and find somewhere to keep the car then I would definitely bring it down.

Although my car isn't here I will still be attending the meet, as it will be a good opportunity to meet local members, have a nice day out and possibly find someone who can help me out with my car situation.

12. TEZ

Tez New Member

x

13. TEZ

Tez New Member

x

14. chrismanchr New Member

Ive just bought an 03 reg tornado red 4 door 1.8t aum 5dr really good nick 90k miles 2 owners

Ive got plans but mine are more getting a great standard car as it looks fab but the suspension,brakes and more notably the engine mounts all need doing
    its perfect inside but mine has the cloth trim will post a pic

15. TEZ

Tez New Member

Sounds good mate (Y) Get some pictures up or send me a link to your build thread (Y)