The Invitation - Thirteen Senses

Discussion in 'Music' started by Funkyfin2000, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Mate at work brought the album in! 8.99 off AMAZON!

f**king brilliant!

kind of Keane/Coldplay kind of vain!

4 piece cornish band. Album loses it a bit towards the end but is pretty darn good overall!!

heres a review:

Cornish 4 piece Thirteen Senses's debut album The Invitation comes from the same rich musical vein as bands such as Coldplay, Keane and Elbow. Produced by Danton Supple (Elbow / Coldplay) The Invitation heralds one of this years best new bands. Thirteen Senses are Will South (vocals / piano guitar), Tom Welham (guitar / backing vox) Adam Wilson (bass) and Brendon James (drums).

Beautiful..I can just imagine the songs being written on a windswept Cornish coast,(although they probably weren't at all!) ...Definately one for the IPOD on a crowded tube at the end of a stressful day. The first four songs are initially the strongest but the rest of the album catches up after a few listens. Do No Wrong and Saving have emerged as the best tracks for me.

This album along with Hopes and Fears are my two favourate albums of the year....This band deserve huge success.

BUY THIS ALBUM if ur a fan of KEANE and COLDPLAY
    Edited by: Funkyfin2000

2. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

so nobody else heard these peeps!