The new Polo GTI!

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Homer-Simpson, Apr 22, 2006.

1. mack785 Forum Member

I like it. I think it's a nice tidy motor. What are they retailing at ?

2. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

14000 OTR [:^(] If only they dropped the price!

3. Rob.gti Forum Member

14810 to be exact!!! [8(]

Talking to the salesmanager at one of the local dealers, he doesnt reckon there is a market for them! And agrees its too expensive. They didnt shift many of the MK1 Polo GTI.

And anyway, pop to a SEAT garage and you can get one of these:

Ibiza Cupra with 180bhp 1.8T for just 14425 otr.
    [​IMG]

or

Ibiza FR with 150bhp 1.8T for just 11975 otr!!
    [​IMG]

And save a few bob [:D]

4. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

thats cos it was utter ****e :lol: i was seriously disappointed when i drove one a few years back-looked nice though

much better choice imo, looks far nicer, goes much better and does without the polo's awful rear lights

5. amity498 Forum Member

nice little motor

looks like a mini me of the golf:lol:

6. aimee

aimee Forum Member

that does look really really good and obviously id love to have one, but as a few others have said, how much does it look like the mk5 golf gti?? is it really neccessary? [:s]

7. stan2 In Delete Queue

I think the new Polo GTI looks great - just what I have been looking for as my next car. The Polo GTI is the only small quality car I can find on the UK market you can spec with leather, sunroof and digital climate control for under 17000. The Ibiza may be slightly quicker but does not offer all those options. I have test driven the Golf GTI and was impressed by the power delivery, but not by it's sheer bulk and size - it is far to wide for having fun down country lanes. I also thought that to spec a Golf with leather and sunroof starts to cost silly money for what is just a big fat hatchback. The current Polo is sized mid-way between a MK1 and MK2 Golf and might just as well have been called a Golf if the current golf did not exist. I would think anyone replacing a MK2 Golf GTI would do well to look at the new Polo GTI as it's natural sucessor - The Golf has grown big, fat and overpriced.

8. Andy947 Forum Addict

The 6n polo gti was a horrible wee **** of a thing [xx(]

The new polo gti s awesome, having just bought a 9n polo, albeit a 1.2, its a cracking car.

Test drove an equivalent seat and the interior was pish, visibility crap, and generally not such a nice drive.

I'd bet that the exact same still applies to the seat ibiza 1.8T

The polo will be a MUCH beter car

9. Andy947 Forum Addict

I lookked at the Seats at the weekend, befor ebuying the Polo, and ok 30bhp more and Brembos', but the interior is pish, and the looks didn't do it for me at all.

Anyway, with the price i paid for the Polo i can remap tp 200bhp and fit brembos and still have change from the seat price :lol: