The vento range

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by drunkenalan, Dec 18, 2011.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I might be in the market for a Vento in the new year so i would like a decent spec'd one, how does the lettering work?

is the GL the top of the range except for the VR6

what about the diesel models?

2. Devon Dubber

Devon Dubber Forum Member

Yep... the GL is the top of the normal range except special editions and run out models (and VR6).

Same for oil and petrol burners, the diesels should have the TDI badge on most of the time.

There was an SE Golf MK3 which I think was a late one they added towards the end of the MK3 era. Whether they did a Vento version or not I'm not too sure.
    There will be better specced cars if you can find ones which had options fitted to them when they were originaly ordered.

It goes... C, CL, GL, (SE), (VR6), then an endless list of special editions.

(the lower specced C cars won't have it written on the back.)

This was written off the top of my head, if anyone has any corrections to this I won't mind!:thumbup:

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dont forget the driver! SE and Driver are smaller engined models with GTI trim, SE was 1.4 (and 1.6?) driver is 1.8. these are for young drivers who want the GTI look but cheaper insurance. GL is technically higher level than driver/se I believe as its the luxury spec, generally higher levels of equipment. I dont think the vento came in se/driver though?

4. james d New Member

Hi I was looking for some advice hope that you can help me. I have a 1996 vw vento cl 1.4 petrol but she has a 1.9 vw caddy diesel in it and I would like to change it .The car is an Irish car .Can anybody tell me what petrol engines will fit into it thanks.

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

^^ Approved

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

take your pic basically, lots of mk3-4 lumps fit just a case of decide what you want and look at what gearbox you have currently