Those 3 little letters...M.F.A.

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Markus 1us, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Markus 1us Forum Member

Hi all, my mate and me have been restoring my Mk1, for the last 6 months. Nothing too major, has been in daily caning,... er I mean use but was off the road for a week for some roof work. To cut a long story short, absolutly everything works on the car now as it should except the mfa. I don't know very much about it at all except that I can make out what each reading is for. All the figures are normally heroicaly out, mpg of 70, ave speed of 90, 4 degrees c when there is thick frost. What would be the most painless way for me to get it back up and running again. Your kind advice will help me achieve a 100% mota [:D]

2. bigfatpixey Forum Member

only a sugestion, but have you tried different clocks.

3. '83 SVP New Member

Don't know if this will solve the probs your having, but its worth a try. (Found it a while ago whilst browsing the web) You will need a second person aswell.

1. Disconnect the battery.
    2. Hold down the MFA button.
    3. Reconnect the battery.
    4. While still holding down the MFA button, turn on the ignition, release the button and turn off the ignition.

Hold down the MFA button again, turn on the ignition and release the button.

You should now have a correctly working display. It has been known for the display to jump into life halfway through the process. If this happens, you can congratulate yourself and stop right there, for it has been known for the computer to 'hiccup' again if the process is continued after it comes back to life!

4. bigfatpixey Forum Member

have you tried putting it in test mode? there is a link some where on here on how to do it.

5. Markus 1us Forum Member

Cheers all, will get on with it :)

6. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

cant remember which fuse it is [:D] but try leaving it out overnight for the mfa display/digital clock.
    has been known to work.