Throttle bodies

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by amstrange1, Jan 17, 2005.

1. amstrange1 Forum Member

I've noticed a few people on here are going down the TBs/Megaquirt route and just wondered what bore TBs people were using on what engines?

I'm proposing to use 38mm Kawasaki ZX636 TBs on a 1272cc lump, that later may see a capacity hike to 1500ish cc - does that sound reasonable?

2. mk1. Forum Junkie

3. greg s Forum Member

Where did you get hold of 636 bodies? I bet they cost about the same as a
    set of DCOE/DHLAs?

4. amstrange1 Forum Member

I haven't received the TBs yet, but won some off Ebay for a very reasonable price. Basically I liked the idea of Megasquirt and wanted an excuse to use it - so getting some TBs was the next step.

Eventually I'd like to use them on my G40, but that's very ambitious - so the initial plan is to use them on a Polo GT lump and see what happens. I know I'm not going to see massive power on the GT lump, it certainly won't touch my G40 - but that's not why I'm doing it!

5. hayesey Forum Junkie

hello you gay.

6. amstrange1 Forum Member

Ah, testicles - forgot you were on here you big fag. Am keeping quiet about these on certain other forums BTW Mr. H, don't want lots of annoying questions on MSN!