throttle body?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by jam35, Oct 6, 2006.

1. jam35 Forum Member

Hi

are k-jet and digifant throttle bodys/inlet manifolds the same? need a new one and need to make sure i get the right one!

any help would be great

thanks

2. MK2_GUY Forum Member

ahh right, ur dad say ur throttle bodies fecked then? [:^(]

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

They're different. Which one do you need?

4. jam35 Forum Member

a kjet one m8

no i want one to have a play with (bore it out gas flow it if possible) plus the one on my car i think is knakered as the throttle adjustment screw is fecked its been bodged with chewing gum!!! and i dont know why so i thoought id get a new one!

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I haven't done this myself, but I'm looking into it... Kjet throttle bodies can be found on some audis and porsche 924's. I think some of them are supposed to be an upgrade. Have a search for threads on here.

A mate of mine's got a spare 200 quattro in his drive that he uses as spares for his road car (also a 200 quattro). I'm planning to nick his throttle body if it looks like it'll fit.

6. Phil. Forum Junkie

I was reading an old copy of Golf+ tonight and one of the classifids had a Mk2 listed with Audi TB upgrade.

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've just been reading through some threads ... consensus of opinion seems to be that it's mostly an upgrade for Mk1's... I'm still keen to see if the quattro one looks any better. I think the 924 one was an upgrade for the Mk1 because the butterfly valves open together, rather than sequentially... the old memory could be ropey there though.

8. flusted Forum Member

There are no upgrade throttlebodys for mk2s. The only difference between digi and kjet tbs, is the digi has a breather going into it.
    You can bore out the larger butterfly by 3.5mm