Time for a change

Discussion in 'Passat' started by mk2 nas, Nov 9, 2018.

1. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

after driving Passat b5.5 estates for a long long time it's time to move on to a b6.
    I'm going to miss it I'm sure.
    I've done a bit of homework on the forums including this one and have avoided buying one from
    The 06 facelift to around early 08 as I've read some horror stories in this era of engines.

I've managed to find a late 58 plate with the cr 2.0 tdi and full history.
    Anyone got this engine and what's it like. I'm planning on mapping it up to 180bhp and 400 n/m torque.thanks

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I had a 2.0 140 bhp one in a mk6 , lovely engine. Never laid a spanner to it in 4 years aside from oil and filters .

3. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Ok got the b6 today I can confirm its a CBA common rail 140bhp engine and I'm sure
    It's got Bosch injectors not the piezo or whatever they are called.drove it home 165 miles(no issues)and returned 57.2 mpg(all motorway miles)
    I did a bit of reading up before this purchase and I need advice on the oil pump
    As I've heard some horror stories of the balance shaft and hex in the pump and they've
    Been known to fail(bad design)apparently.
    Something to do with unbalanced shaft and too short a hex input.
    There's a 77mm hex and a 100mm hex can this be found out by chassis number or reg.
    It was reg 12/12/2008(58 plate)any advice plz if you know the issue.
    I won't take any chances on a dodgy oil pump whatever it costs has to be worth doing
    A future failed pump is unthinkable.

Mine is 140k with full history and recent c/belt and clutch.
    Tristan what was yours on out of interest.thanks

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Ah, mine was the later one. I sold an 05 A4 with that pump, there's an upgrade pump drive available .