toad a1606 on mk2

Discussion in 'Security' started by mk2bal, Jan 11, 2011.

1. mk2bal Forum Member

Sometimes just after starting up, my led flashes very fast, then does 9 slow flashes.. Can anyone tell me what this means, as I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have recently put a big new battery on the car and it still does it, so its not a voltage prob, I'm now wondering if its an earth prob, as my starter sometimes turns slow,and sometimes not,as does the flashing sometimes and sometimes not.

2. trig

trig Forum Member

Having a look through the instruction book from mine I can't seem to find a definative answer...

...But from what I have gathered it would seem that the fast flashing then the slow flashes indicates it is awaiting the entry of your pin.

"To attract the users attention, the LED will fast flash for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, the LED will flash at a rate of 1 flash per second."

This makes sense as to why it flashes 9 times i.e. the highest digit that can be entered. It is odd however that the car will still sometimes start despite this. It would suggest to me that there may be a problem with the imobiliser not being properly deactivated.

3. mk2bal Forum Member

Hmmm. I fitted the alarm myself a few months back, and never programmed it. It beeped as it should when 1st installed, to tell you it is correct, but as the alarm is programmed not to beep on lock/unlock it doesn't beep anymore. I fitted central lockin a few weeks later, it functions fine, locks/unlocks, and deadlocks on startup, unlocks on engine shut off etc. Basically I cannot see any faults with the setup, it all works spot on, jus the flicker then count is really annoying to see, esp when I can't find the answer. Like I said I think the next port of call is my earths, as I have an intermittent slow starter,as well as the intermittent alarm flash...

4. mk2bal Forum Member

Bump for mr toad installers advice? Or anyone else who knows their toads!!!