toad ai606. what features should i add?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Matt82, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

im new to alarms, all my cars in the past have had them already.

im aiming to get one fitted this weekend, there is a list of options i can add.

which ones are actually worth while? im more interested in the car staying where i leave it as opposed to impressing people with remote headlights and remove start lol

2. Leon R Forum Member

I have the Ai606 and I've seen you can get full closure for the windows and sunroof when the alarm is armed, and a pretty good device that when the alarm is going off, it texts you! I didn't really look into it that much, I was just browsing for the manual. If i did both the alarm would be worth more than the car [:s]

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

4. Leon R Forum Member

This mite help:
    LINK REMOVED AS REQUESTED BY MR TOAD
    Wiring diagrams, i think the mk3 has the control unit to do the full closure? If so the alarm can be rigged up to do it as said in the wiring diag.

The ebay kit is quite a good deal but whats with this!: "Microwave for Convertables 34.95"

The previous owner put the alarm in my car at a cost of 325, i have the reciept. Severe bump i think.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

im using those people cos of the feed back and their local to home.

i expect theyll know how to wire it in properly, hardly like golfs are rare

may get them to fit the delock handles too

6. Leon R Forum Member

There is only one annoying thing, start the car, close the door drive off, doors lock after 20-30 secs (i havent counted) good feature. BUT start car, get out, close door to chuck brick at nearest theiving chav, and door still locks up after 30secs. It can be disabled but you gotta be careful. Apart from that, i think this alarm is really good and reliable.

7. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Then it is wired up incorrect

Ian

8. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

If you do pass these links around for the sake of you car safety and others please use a PM

Ian

Could a Moderator remove link Cheers Ian

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

oh dear.

well i called Precision Alarms whose ad i saw on ebay, theyre local to where ill be at the weekend (Essex) but they are fully booked.

i could get one fitted on saturday by a dealer called MSI in Dudley (Midlands) but, ill be in essex :S

anyone know any places in essex that may be able to squeez my golf in?

10. Leon R Forum Member

Didn't think, it was late. I removed it myself as the link was still there and if you could do the same

11. David Number 2 Forum Member

mine locks auto aswell after 20-30secs

12. Professer051169 Forum Member

Matt82,
    Just had Toad ai606 fitted 310 included microwave sensor. Alarm 220, Microwave sensor 50, Siemen's relay for central locking 10 plus 30 cause outside 100 mile radius. Don't bother with shock sensor, with the microwave sensor it warns people off when they get too close to the car. Been fitted for a week now with no problems. Guy is based in birmingham, an only charge 30 extra if outside 100 mile radius. If interested, you need to speak to Kevin Harding at Specialized Security Solutions. They come to wherever you are and really short notice, they came two days later! Alarm fitted in two and a half hours, showed me the alarm, plus took out old alarm. Well impressed, first class job. Just say Barry in Ware Herts mentioned him.

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

im getting an alarm fitted this saturday.

going for the proxy doo dah as opposed to shock sensors.

one channel will do headlights. this will be useful cos its often parked in unlit areas. if i cant see the car, i can make the headlights come on to show me that its all ok!

just need to decide what to do with channel 4. he said he could do the window opening option but i may get them to wire it to the horn... just incase