Track Rods

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by robbie100hp, Jun 10, 2013.

1. robbie100hp New Member

can somebody please tell me what thread is on the end of the track rod, as iv ordered some track rod ends from compbrake and they sent me ones that dont fit!

2. benny Forum Member

m14 x 1.5 Rob

3. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

4. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

what bolts/nuts do you use to fix these to the hubs?

5. robbie100hp New Member

cheers, those others look like they could do the trick but doesnt give you much to adjust the tracking. i would also be interested in what bolts and washers you have used, as the compbrake setup comes with a kind of thick black washer both sides to stop dirt getting into the joint.

6. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Not fitted the rack yet as bodywork still being sorted. Will be using M14 HT bolts, I have already drilled the taper out of the hubs to allow me to do this, need to sort the spacers out once the rack is on the car to ensure that I don't foul the hub on lock etc....hope to have car back in a couple of weeks all going well and then will make a start and can let you know what I used!

7. benny Forum Member

You can swap the tie rods themselves to mk2 non PAS ones (IIRC) which are the same but longer overcoming the lack of threads for tracking. Makes it a bigger job though!

8. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

That's what I have done as well as I am going widetrack on my new car, but easy for me to do as I was building up my Quaife quickrack at the same time so was replacing trackrods anyway ;)

9. drego786 New Member

got them on my mk1 and i am running mk2 16v hubs.... i used them so i could raise the height on my mk2 hubs so the geometry was better
    [​IMG]