trouble finding a mirror glass

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by LregG, Aug 27, 2012.

1. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

A mate is in need of a drivers side mirror glass for a G reg scirroco...where's the best place to get one from?

2. MacColl Forum Member

With the Scirocco mirrors it really is a case of getting the entire housing with the mirror in there because it is really a permanently fixed part. I don't recall anyone able to remove the mirror unless things were actually broken.

Posting up in the Scirocco Register forum should see your mate finding a replacement in the wanted section or on ebay. I have seen this repaired to a functional level with a mirror from a motor factors double side taped over a broken one.

3. whitemk2 Forum Member

you can get the self adhesive mirrors from a local halfords or motor factors if the broken glass is still present , failing that it would have to be a 2nd hand one from one of the source's listed above

4. wassell Forum Member

dan at devon dub shack is currently breaking a mk2 scirocco. i think the mirrors are in good shape. its not yet listed on his site though, but drop him a line on the number if you're still looking.

http://www.devondubshack.co.uk/

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I might have a mirror spare. Are his painted or black plastic colour? PM me if you're still looking for one.