Trouble viewing mp4 video archive - crashing!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Mikey, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Mikey Forum Member

Ive downloaded over 2gb of diy mp4 video files (as 5 rar files) & these then extract as 10 seperate programmes (roofing,kitchen,bathroom etc), but im having trouble viewing them!

Ive extracted the whole lot into one folder but if I then browse to this folder through windows explorer I get the message that 'windows explorer has stopped working'

I then tried opening windows media player as I thought of browsing to the program that I wanted to view, but this just crashes the player & it too closes down. Ive tried using Divx player, RealPlayer & others but still no joy

I then went back to the downloaded rar file & tested the archives in winrar (says theyre ok) as well as extracting just the one programme to a specified folder, but again when I try to open this it crashes

Ive scanned the archive using AVG & avast & malawarebytes just in case its got a virus but nothing came up
    Any ideas of what I could do next before I give up?!:)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

You tried VLC, Im not clued up but its what I use to view all video files.

3. Mikey Forum Member

Cheers - just tried that with the same outcome:(

4. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I had this problem, try searching google for "folder crash preview" or similar.

It's something to do with the cache for the preview of video files, I think you can turn it off in the folder options in a folder without videos and then apply those changes to all other folders.