Trying to find Pressure Plate 020

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Blugtivr, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Blugtivr New Member

Hey all, I read here often and am in need of some help. I roadrace in the Pacific NW, USA with a 2.0 16V rabbit with a 210 MM flywheel. I currently have a Valeo Pressure plate which is triple strapped inboard which works GREAT for my setup. This has been the only pressure plate to last any sort of time from road racing. I cannot find the guy I purchased it through, but I recall him saying it was a european part. I have searched high and low in the states and cannot seem to find anything. Could someone in Europe see if this is available? I would gladly purchase from someone if they could send it stateside.

Part is Valeo and numbers off the backside of the pressure plate are: 693740 H SM

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could find something.

Thanks
    Brad Greco
    bjgreco at hot mail dot com

2. whitemk2 Forum Member

3. fredybender Forum Member

4. Blugtivr New Member

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to try with Valeo and see what I can come up with.

I have tried numerous styles and types of the double strap version like the techtonics style, but they have all broken at the strap. This Valeo PP has the straps inboard instead of outboard like the TT plate. Plus the Valeo PP is also triple strapped. I will post up what I find out.

5. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

interesting stuff, following with interest

6. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. fredybender Forum Member

8. fredybender Forum Member

Also available for the VW Apollo 1.8AP
    And from the looks of it, its a Brazilian type engine, not european...