TSR performance ??

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Mr T, Apr 6, 2004.

1. sotty New Member

Had a pack "A" gas flowed head lasted for a month before it had to go in for another rebuild because of broken tensioner. Was still under warranty.

K - Star fitment looked like fit was done by a monkey

also expensive.

A bit of a shame because i think the products and packages work well however the fitment is doggy.

2. RICHIEGTI Forum Member

Its showing on ETKA as being a S4 injector, mate[:s]

S3 one is 06A 906 031BC.[:[]

3. slimjimvw16v New Member

I would never have dealings with them again !

I had a fully built 9A of them, fitted it , run everything in properly and 1500 miles down the line i had the worst knocking you have heard ,

Basically i removed the sump and found that the shell on No3 had fallen to bits , my oil looked like glitter and there were even large pieces of the shell in the bottom of my sump.

Between myself and two friends they have f**ked up 4 engines , for the following cases of bad workmanship:

No1: they painted the inside of the sump , the paint blocked the oil pump.

No2: they used 8v crank bearings in a 16v and they fell to bits causing the crank to move sidways.

No3:they painted the inside of the dipstick tube , the paint blocked the crank oil way and dertroyed the shell.

No4: they used std fitment shells on a reground crank . . . . you get the picture !

And this is just with in my circle of friends , i hate to think how many of these "cowboy" builds other people have had problems with.

4 for crying out loud ![:x][:x]

They are completly incapable of building an engine correctly if there lives depended on it !

When approached about the problems they just make up poo excuses and try and fob you off , quite possibly the most unhelpful , useless tuning company in the land !

And breath . . . . . . do yourselves a favour

Do not use TSR ![:x][:x]

4. TheDubMistress New Member

After a year of virtual inactivity on our Audi 90 with 4.2 V8 (thatPaul and amate fitted,) not them, we are just about the remove the carand have it taken to A W Tracksport, who are also building the engine for our new project car, a supercharged 2.0L 16v.

Very disappointed in left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing there and nil callbacks and nil progress. A real shame becausewe had hoped that their long standing good reputation would carry the job through.

There's only 2 type 81 Audi 90 quattros with V8s in. One is in the US and was built by a similar type company to TSR and has been happilythrashing round on track days for a couple of years. Paul's is the other one and it's been rotting in the back of their parking lot for over a year.

Maybe it's just an isolated couple of incidents at TSR,we don't know butwe can only mentionour experience with them. They did do a good job on our Passat with the Revo remap chip and some other little jobs but not on the Audi which really wasPaul's passion.

Enough said. [8(]
    Edited by: TheDubMistress

5. mexicorich Forum Member

Mmmn

Used to find Tim excellent ten years ago.

Not realising Tim ahd moved on/stood back, I went back to them a year ago thinking they were naturally first point of call and was most unimpressed when parts they sold me were inappropriate.

What has happened to Tim?

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

living in france now with his family, built himself another mk1 & has a track just down the road.

7. mexicorich Forum Member

What's he doing out there?

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Eating garlic? ;) :p :lol:

9. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

saw a mk1 caddy 16v conversion...more like bodge up 5k to fit

owners engine!!

at 1st look under engine bay, no tape around wiring loom

wire routed over scuttle and loads of blue tie wraps

even my 5 year old could have wrapped black tape round it.

10. golf2 Forum Member

What other companys are there in the south of the country that can do major engine work/ engine transplantsand can be trusted to do a proper job!?

Ive always thought TSR were good for this until i read this thread! [:^(]

Id love to do the work myself like most of you lot, but unfortuanetely i have a severe lack of know how!