turbo specifics

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by =loki=, Feb 6, 2004.

1. =loki= New Member

I have TO4B turbo that I was planning to use on my VR6 this summer. However, I'm starting to think the exhaust shell is too large for the low boost values I plan to force. it is .96A/R on the exhaust side and .60 A/R on the comp. side.
    I'm not sure if I've done the calculations right, but if I have, then my car will flow up to 30lb/min at 85% efficiency and 6500rpm with 8psi of boost.

If any of you have experience with turbo selections, can you please help me???

I think that a .96A/R will give me boost from 1st gear around 4-5000rpm.

My car will be used for normal street driving and occasional drag racing.

Should I switch the turbine housing for a .64A/R or something???

help me jeebas!
    http://www.kickflop.net/cgi-bin/pic.py?file=/albums/turbos/T 04BS3.gif

2. =loki= New Member

p.s. I think that the turbo I have is the same as for the comp. map at the url above.

3. trendy tramp Forum Member

i can't help you without seeing the proper compressor and turbine maps for the unit you are looking to use (can't get the link to work either). can you run through your calculations to see if they make sense?

tt

4. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

I have a TO4B on my turbo set up and am currently running 14 psi boost with 8.5 : 1 CR and it spools up at approx 2850 rpm and goes like sh1t off a shovel...

5. trendy tramp Forum Member

but someone else can ^^^^^^ [:D]
    tt

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You can see the map by taking the space out of the URL.

7. =loki= New Member

Hey VR6T, I need your help, tell me as much as your willing to (Wastegate/BOV/piping diameters/turbo oil feed/fuel pump and injectors/engine management). If you can provide pictures, please hook me up.

What did you do to lower your compression? I was planning to change the head gasket for now and other stuff later.

Tell me more about your turbo please. (!)I would very much like to know exactly what kind it is, especially the A/R of the turbine and compressor shells.

I need to know what kind of TO4B mine is so I can use the right compressor map to see if it will give me boost at a decent rpm.

www.angelfire.com/tx5/monte/VR6T.html