twin 45's on 9A

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by webbywagon, Oct 24, 2011.

1. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

Jon, I like your attention top detail:thumbup:.

I never checked temps but I would have thought that the pressure of the fuel out of the injection pump moves it around fairly swiftly so it didn't stay in the engine bay long and (assuming it had std fuel lines on it) it gets sent out in to the cold under the car before returning to the tank, essentially a clooing sustem.

A facet type pump, I would have thought, runs hotter than a vane type pump generaly and the fule sits stacked up behind the fuel reg in the engine bay waiting for it's turn to die for the cause (and heating up) :lol:

Just the way it seems in my head but like I said I've never actually checked[:s]

Out of interest how much effect on power would the fuel temp make do you reckon? I have heat shields on my fuel lines as they come over the engine, just because it seems the thing to do really [:s] Probably not a questions for this thread on reflection...cheque please!

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Its not radiated heat the fuel is collecting but the heat created by compressing it. OEM ecu's measure fuel temp to compensate the injector pulse width, on some systems. Different types of engines have coolers built in to re-cool the fuel