Twin Carbs on an 8V

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by The Caddy Man, Dec 7, 2003.

1. The Caddy Man New Member

Hello folks, can anyone tell me the best way to plug the injector holes on a 1.8 head that has been converted from injection to twin carbs. At the moment there seems to be some kind of sealant plugging the hole, but i don't think its up to the job.

Many thanks in advance

The Caddy Man

2. Prax_88CAB Forum Member

I remember reading something similar to your query in the current copy of The Golf mag, in Q&A?????

somebody care to correct me? [:$]

3. jamez Forum Member

done this to my 8 valve, remove the injectors and have someone tig weld up the hole in the top of the injector by the thread and get some new o rings from vw. then cut off the lower half of the injector as in only takes up space in the inlet port then re-insert the injector. this will give a perfect close without having to remove the head.............

4. jake Forum Member

I always figured that if you unscrewed the plastic inserts thast house the injectors then you could either make some threaded inserts or drop a 1p coin (maybe a smaller one I dunno) in the bottom with a small amount of sealant and screw the plastic insert back in.

Could use the holes for NOS I s'pose.....

5. jamez Forum Member

i have never removed the inserts only the injectors them selfs so i really cant say if this would work.........

6. The Caddy Man New Member

Jamez, what about the other hole, its near the middle, don,t know what it was orininally for

7. The Caddy Man New Member

Oh yeah , forgot to ask, did you build your air box for your carbs and does it make any difference to the usual trumpet filters

Cheers

8. scottmk1 Forum Member

i got the holes on my 1600 gti engine plugged, just got a local engineering company to make plugs with the correct thread

9. jamez Forum Member

firstly i did not build the air box it came with the carbs i think it was made by the same people who made the inlet manifold haartman engineering in germany.and i'd say that trumpet filters are just fine and they look the buissness too, and as scottmk1 says having them made (the plugs) is a top idea if you got the cash...

10. scottmk1 Forum Member

jamez, where did you get the inlet manifold? i have a tsr one but the quality pf it is pretty crap

11. jamez Forum Member

12. scottmk1 Forum Member

cheers, are they expensive? and whats the quality like?

13. The Caddy Man New Member

Cheers for the replies

14. 800gallons Forum Member

use m24 plugs

15. The Caddy Man New Member

M24 plugs?, Also anyone know the best place to put an electric facet fuel pump. At the moment mine is in the drip tray near the wiper motor. I want to move it because its to noisey. I can hear tick, tick, tick all the time and its diving me crazy. If i can't move it i'm buying two 12" rockford's. They should drown out the noise.

16. scottmk1 Forum Member

put it in the spare wheel well? m24 is the thread size that the hole in the is, you need to remove the bakerlite(sp)? seats first though. iirc the thread is metric fine?

17. The Caddy Man New Member

Its a caddy dude, so no spare wheel well. However under the rear bed will do nicely.

Cheers

18. scottmk1 Forum Member

doh, yeah, just try mounting it away from the cab

19. jamez Forum Member

i had mine installed in the engine bay but have now moved it as there was not sufficent pressure e.t.c. now it sits in the metal tray that used to hold the fuel pump for the k-jet system

20. The Caddy Man New Member

Is it quite straight forward to move? I am quite new to carbs so bear with me