Twin exhaust cams- characteristics?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by iguana, Nov 7, 2004.

1. iguana Forum Member

Question for those valvers that have gone this route- I know the peak bhp can go up by a decent margin, but is it more a high revs gain or mid range etc?

Considering doing it on my 1900 Golfy valver but don't want to loose the lovely high rev urge it has at present.

Cheers

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Judging by my runs at Stealth this morning, leave the KRs in Alex :lol:

3. iguana Forum Member

:lol: yes just seen your other post, so considering I had the same bhp as you on stock cams & head (less torque tho) you are now not exactly extolling the virues of the flowed head to me either! ;)

I might have to wait for your results on Thursday then before I spend my wedge! :p

4. smithy Forum Member

Well in mine i'd say that most increase is the torque between 2 and 3k rpm, I think it does pull a bit harder right through the revs though and has a bit more peak power.

Myself and a mate did a speed test from a standing start between 2 points on a straight road the other day. His valver is a standard KR bar a mongoose exhaust and K&N, rollered at 150 horse, mine is running a 4 branch, a blowing and rattly scorpion system and the KR exhaust inlet cam (havent had it rollered yet). His hit 100mph and mine did 105mph so I guess mine is pushing more power, and it hasnt been setup properly yet.

5. hardcore_ally Forum Member

You shouldnt loose that urge.Mine feels torquey around 2-3k but then surges really hard at 5k and thats with small manifold.

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

BTTT - Paul16v