upgrades possible if so who knows ?

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by sir alan, May 22, 2012.

1. sir alan New Member

Hi ,
    a mate of mine told me the other week that there are people out there in the know who can plug a laptop into my mark 4 and get things going such as auto locking when driving away , lit dash needles without the lights on , miles to empty showing on the dash etc etc .
    he told me that all mark 4's have this but several are 'switched off " via the cars ecu , does anyone know if this is the case and if so does anyone know someone in the peterborough area that has the equipment and the know how to do it ?
    cheers all
    andy

2. bazmcc Forum Member

No not all mk4s can do that.

Autolocking - easy, soft coding in the ccm with vag com.
    lit needles, miles to empty - rewrite dash code with vag tacho or vag can commander and can only be done with immo3 clocks which are normally 2001.5 onwards.

I don't even know where peterborough is. Sorry.

3. sir alan New Member

Nice one ,
    My car is a 2002 anni , would you know if the dash clocks are as you mention ? peterborough is in cambridgeshire just of the a1 approx 40 miles from cambridge , i am hoping to make gti international this year , maybe someone there will have the kit to sort the changes .