uprated fuel pump

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by mk2redvr6, Sep 8, 2015.

1. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Hi chaps
    I run a mk2 golf track car with a vr6 all cammed 268 shick . live Remapped on rolling road stage 3 paddle clutch .lighten flywheel light crank ram air maxi flow 4 bar fuel reg etc push 220 bhp . I am running the Kr fuel pump 16v and just wondered if anyone is running a updated fuel pump that sits the the fuel pump housing
    If so please share with me
    Thanks
    Lee

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I've not seen one but thats not to say they dont exist! what you could do is go inline fuel pump such as bosch 44 and use an external swirl pot such as the one found on G40 shape polos or post-84 cab/rocco injection. you dont need the 16v fuel accumulator with a VR6 so that saves a bit of room, use a mk3 golf fuel filter carrier to hold the filter and strap the pump and reservoir either side :)

3. Peter Jones Forum Member

I use an 044 submerged in a swirl pot from Integrated Engineering. It's very compact and is ideal to tuck up under the back of the car somewhere.

http://www.performancebyie.com/ie-submerged-044-billet-surge-tank

To keep it full I'm drawing from my MK1 tank with a carter 4070 pump, you could use the MK2 pump to do the same job.

4. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Cheers guys