Urgent megasquirt spec request for mk2/BAM

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by oldnick, Nov 25, 2016.

1. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

As there is a bit of discount available off Megasquirt at the moment at diyautotune (black friday/cyber monday) can I pick the collective brains for a "covers the expensive bits" shopping list.

I'm looking at MS1 version 3, a loom or pigtails and a jimstim, all of it in kit form.

This sounds hopeful:-

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Part # MS130-K; MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System with V3.0 main board Unassembled Kit with Black Case

The MS130-K kit includes everything you will need to build your MegaSquirt ECU. The genuine B&G partial kit with PCB3.0, the Bill Of Materials, the case, pre-machined endplates and heatsink bar, even the tube of heatsink compound and a bit of jumper wire is included. All you add is tools, solder, and time! Only other thing you might need is a tuning cable if you dont have one already. We have those available as well for a few bucks.

MS130-K Kit Bill Of Materials (BOM) Includes:

All Basic Components
    PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
    Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
    IGBT High Current Ignition Driver Components
    Current Limiting Circuit Components
    Thats right, every single option to put together a standard V3.0 build. We also stock mod kits to expand its functionality.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Is it worth buying a 'long' loom to run to each sensor/component or does it work to solder the existing loom to pigtails? Pigtails are quite a bit cheaper!

Any other advice? Rapid response please, I'd like to buy it asap as will be my Christmas present from herself :)

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

For a 20vT, on a non amplified coil pack you need 2 IGBT kits.

For the loom if you are handy enough with the wiring and the engine has most of te loom attached to the sensors and outputs, then just the 36 pin ECU connector with pig tails and you can attach the rest.

3. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks Toyotec,

I've ordered up the kit, an extra IGBT kit and a pigtail loom :)

Plenty of time to read the manuals before christmas...