VAG-COM and remaps...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Bundles, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Bundles Forum Junkie

Holla :)

Does anyone know if there's a way to use vag-com to check if your car has been remapped?

Reasoon being that the guy i bought my mk4 off was.. erm... not to clued up about cars and sold the car 2 months after buying it, after having to fit a new gearbox, starter motor and alternator.

The car just seems far to swift to be standard imo. It pulls like a train right to 6k and only slightly tails off at the redline, hitting the limiter easily (and sometimes by accident if i'm not paying attention [:$] ) which i know is not normal behaviour for a standard 1.8t.

I thought about even checking the boost pressure it's running but i'mm brand spanking new to vag-com so dont know what channel to use to monitor it.

Cheers for any help. :thumbup:

Bundy.

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

as a newbie to vagcom it's hard to see and tell if the values are right or not

depends on the mods, a stage one shouldn't boost that much over stock, measure value block 11 the one for boost

it show 2 the actual boost and the specified value of boost, the two will only be very close in the higher gears, as the ECU catches up on the readings

best do a compete scan, looking for errors in the ECU, and other systems before buying

3. craggsy Forum Member

Dont remappers put there name on it. I know when you scan on a C2 mapped ecu there name comes up in the box

4. Bundles Forum Junkie

I did a full scan before buying the car, yes. Only two faults were:

16500 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal
    P0116 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    16486 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit - Low input
    P0102 - 35-10 - Intermittent

Both of which were no surprise in all honesty. I reset them after copying them and only the temp sensor error has returned. I've got a new one and a new thermostat sitting ready for changing, but the snow kinda scoobied that idea.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010