Vag-com - Help, anyone local?

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Chrisrpal, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Chrisrpal Events Team

Hi All,

Is anyone near Barnehurst otherside of the Dartford Bridge/ Essex area or near Crawley that can help me out with VAG_COM. It's about time I got my abf MK2 spare blank chipped key coded to the ECU.

If anyone has a laptop and VAG_COM with lead and knows how to code a second chipped key to the ECU I would be very greatful :thumbup:

VW sevenaoks want over 50 for the job, seems a bit much as I already have a blank key which is cut to my ignition barrel and the chip is blank.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. haineszmk3 New Member

you need vag tacho to program chip and vagcom to program remote

3. Chrisrpal Events Team

Just an update. I managed today to get my second key coded. Not sure if it works yet. I tried a local locksmith that had a key code reader and copied my code into my new key. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone else tried this method rather than VAG-COM?

4. lard44 Forum Member

Would also be interested to hear about this - learned the hard way last weekend that of my 3 Corrado keys only one is chipped and in sync with the immobiliser...after I thought I'd broken down...

5. Chrisrpal Events Team

I will let you know how I get on ;) Apparently the chip I had already installed in my spare key was the wrong type according to the locksmith as he had trouble writing to it so sold me the right type chip. The key that I have was bought from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-M...ety_Security&hash=item2a1f1da065#ht_255wt_908.

Basically what I did was removed the old chip from the old key which was cut for the old ignition barrel of the donor car and chip was removed off that key and put into one of the new keys cut to my igntion barrel I bought off ebay as seen in link above. So fingers crossed the new key works ok. :thumbup:

The chips that came with the x2 keys I bought off that ebay seller are made by NXP. The number on the chip says: PCF7935AS HSH300011 Dn09321 whatever that all means?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  6. Chrisrpal Events Team

Another update. The new chip that was coded by my local locksmith did the trick and no problems. I have now "two" chipped keys, hey presto only took two years!!