Vento - will a golf 3 roll cage fit?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Mr Big, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Mr Big Forum Member

Just picked up my latest track day toy......a vento vr6. Now im looking to get a cage for it. Im not going to be racing this, its just an additional safety precaution really, but obviously an off-the-shelf cage for a vento is going to be a big ask. I'd rather not fork out to have a custom one made, so any ideas if a golf 3 one will fit?

I can't see any reason why not, but thought I would ask you guys before dipping into my pocket :lol:

2. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Yep it should fit but if you ask someone like demon tweeks they will say [xx(]

3. Mr Big Forum Member

Cool, cheers. Just got to find one now!

4. goblinracing10 Forum Member

all the vento vr6's in the VW cup that come from the VR6 challenge were fitted with Golf roll cages. the only thing that may be a problem is the main hoop doesn't line up with the door pillars as the golf kit tends to be for a 3 door and the vento is 5 door. Not sure if they do a 5 door golf kit but if they do it will fit.

The floor pans are the same with the exceptio of the boot so it will be no problem to fix.