Video of my Golf R

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Hurdy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Hurdy Forum Member

A video that one of my mate's (Luke) made including a run that caught a 12.629@108.2mph run (2nd fastest of the day).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJNY7Fyu7E&feature=plcp

[video=youtube;JAJNY7Fyu7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJNY7Fyu7E&feature=plcp[/video]

and a snapshot of the end of the video'd run....
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Very impressive!

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

About time you put a build thread up on here as well John!! ;)

4. Joesoap Forum Member

What he said :thumbup:

5. Hurdy Forum Member

Yeah, I should really get around to this. Especially as over the winter the car will have the suspension, brake and turbo upgrades done.:)

6. Hurdy Forum Member

Been a while, but the car HAS now had the suspension all done as well as a few "other" bits like new maps and water methanol injection. The R recently made 387bhp and 398lbft at a local dyno day and now runs mid 3 seconds 0-60mph and into the 8's for the 0-100mph. Runs really strong with over 340bhp available from 4500rpm. And over 300lbft from just over 3000rpm.

RAF Marham and the 30-130 day is the next event for me and then some 1/4 mile visits. The R should be around, if not under 12 seconds for the 1/4 mile now, so I look forward to the first meet of the year.[8D]

7. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Thats the best way to look after the R, it doesn't stand for Racing, but for Ragging!!
    Glad to see in the vid you have mentioned the Torque Limited for the DSG, over 400lbs and they seem to go bang - or don't go!

8. Hurdy Forum Member

The DSG box has also been remapped with a stage 3 GIAC map. Torque limit is now delimited and torque handling capacity is set at 550nm/408lbft. The next step will involve having to look at SSP clutchpacks and DSG oil cooling. The stock clutchpacks are pretty much at their limit now.

9. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

oil cooling could be the easy bit if yours is still the version with a heat exchanger - stat/control in the water supply to get it warm but not to heat it up to engine temp!

10. Hurdy Forum Member

11. thegave Forum Member

Is this in addition to or did it replace the Polo GTI?

12. Admin Guest

thats pretty nippy!

13. Hurdy Forum Member

I returned the Polo to stock and traded it against the R. Got a very good trade in price too as they already had a customer waiting for my Polo:thumbup:

Also saved over 13k on the price of the R that the original owner paid for it.

14. Hurdy Forum Member

I may be in trouble then if Awesome GTI's dyno is right.......the penned in plot on the graph is an APR stage 2+ S3 with decat as a comparison plot to mine on GIAC Extreme race map and WMI. This was last month and my car has more power now!

[​IMG]

15. Southy_GTI Forum Member

I want a Golf R now.... Is the manual any good?

16. Hurdy Forum Member

The manual is okay, but the DSG is much better and can handle a LOT of power. Bolt-ons will get you to high 11's using DSG at the 1/4 mile without changing the turbo. :thumbup:

17. Southy_GTI Forum Member

That is fast for a street car!

Do you know what your 60ft and 330ft times were?

18. Southy_GTI Forum Member

double post [:x]

19. Hurdy Forum Member

Recently went to Santa Pod and my 60' best was 1.76. My best 330' was 5.07. Best time was 12.3038@109mph.

Excuse for the slow times was the terrible headwind which was knocking a few tenths off all the times.

20. Hurdy Forum Member

Things have moved on a little from my last post. The car now has a 3.5" downpipe and 3" custom exhaust, RS4 injectors and a Loba L0400 turbo fitted. The R did a 12.1 on its last visit to an official strip, but has since unofficial lay done an 11.89@114.

Not far off finishing now. Then off to enjoy it on some good track events next year.[8D]