Volvo 340 clutch?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Jolfa, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

My mate recently bought a Volvo 343DL 1.4 as a bit of a drift toy, but the clutch was shagged (as was everything else, was a really good purchase [:p] ) so we spent an evening or 2 changing it last week.

Now though having put it back together the clutch fork where the cable connects to sits in the wrong place, its sits at the 'pedal down' position / <like that, where it should obviously sit the other way - \ so when you put the pedal down (which is already on the floor) it can't pull the fork any further.

The cable isn't the problem, it couldn't be really but to make sure, he adjusted it all the way both ways, made the pedal sit a little higher up but obviously you still couldn't pull the fork/push the pedal any further because it's already at the end of its travel.

He had the fork out while the bellhousing was off, but it could only go back on one way. Only other thing I can think is if the pressure plate is wrong and the springy finger bits don't sit as proud or something? Only thing he could've put back in wrong is the friction disc, but I can't see how that would change anything fork operation related?

Bit of an essay, I do apologise [:p]
    Any ideas?