vr6 injector size???

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by MARRKUSZ, May 27, 2012.

1. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

hi guys does any one know the standerd injector size for a 2.8 vr6 AAA.
    just that the block has been rebored to 83mm hi comp pistons and im runing 268 cams but im puting 285 piper cams in soon and been told i need to change the injectors for high-flow ones so i dont no were to start lol
    any help would be great cheers mark.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

0280150953 = 210 ml/min @ 300kPa nominal pressure.

With a 3 litre engine you will be very close to running the injectors flat out to deliver best AFR, so it would be advised to update the injectors to 370 ml/min

3. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

ahh kool yh it pinks a little some times when drivein hard i also use 99 octane witch does help a bit well alot better than 95 and 97 as when i use them it pinks more ive had the timein checked and it fine so i was told so must be the fueling side lol but thanks for the advise XD

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Audible det maybe a different matter as these engines cannot be heard to knock or "pink" when std. You have altered the engine significantly from stock meaning the control parameters will also need to be adjusted accordingly.

5. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

o right i see yh its had alot for work done and tbh i dont wonna blow it up lol alot of time and money when in to it. also i will be going down the turbo rout at some point but just wonna get the engine running bang on for the time being. it dose runn ok but like i said it does pink some times .
    would hi compression cause this? as it is running hight thank std.