vr6 sump on 24v?

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by russ24v, May 20, 2012.

1. russ24v New Member

is it possible to fit a vr6 sump onto my aue 24v engine that ive put in my corrado ,only asking as im a bit parranoid about it smashing as it sits pretty close to the road ,

thanks

2. 6VR

6VR New Member

that would prob make it closer to the road if anything - not sure if the vr6 one is further from the road,

I believe the R32 sump & oil pump will get it abit away from the road tho ;)

Phatvr6 has a thread stickied @ top of vr6oc in engine section on the R32 sump & pump that refers to fitting to a vr6 - may be of usefull..

3. benthejettaman Forum Member

you can use a vr6 sump but you also need to use the 12v pump and pick up

as mentioned above, the 12v sump doesnt actually bring the sump any further away from the ground though. if you want it further away from the ground then you need to use the mk5 r32 sump oil pump and pick up

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i'm not sure if the mk5 sump sits any higher up but it sits further back and is shallower at the front
    and that helps a lot
    but in the end i fitted a sump guard

a picture of my 4motion aue sump
    [​IMG]
    mk5 r32 sump
    [​IMG]

5. russ24v New Member

thanks for the replys,will look into getting r32 sump then and make up a sump guard i think,