VW 3cyl engine?

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Vento Mike, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Hired a brand spanking new polo in france last week, popped the bonnet and was confronted with a 12v 1.2 engine, not suprisingly it was slow as sh** :lol:

So would I be right in saying it was a 3cyl engine 4 valves per cylinder? How long have they been producing them?

Whatever it was not suited to overtaking random french drivers, also got flashed by a speed camera 120 in a 70 [:$]

But the headlights were cool, they had vw badges on the top of the lamp holder thingy!
    Edited by: Vento Mike

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

compared to the corsa, it's great!

you think thats slow they also done a 6V version

Yep 4 per cylinder, I've been told that the engine warning lights come on if you cruse @ 90MPH :lol:

3. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

it did have cruise control wich was nice tho...very impressed with that...it just was not suited to the hilly french roads and random slow/fast driving :lol:

So what the corsa? i've seen some new ish ones with twin port on the back what is that all about?!

4. Jetta Forum Junkie

do a 3cyl tdi too

5. jbmg40 Forum Member

Had the 1.2 12v in an Ibiza while on holiday this year. I guess it went OK, but it is NOT an engine to be celebrated [xx(]

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

thats what i got in my lupo 1.4tdi :)

7. Tommy Forum Member

Hired one at the European GP last year. took it for 3 laps round the nordschleiff - surprisingly good fun but it wasnt quite the same after that...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]