Vw Golf Clipper 1.8 1992 LTD edition

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Noodleman, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Noodleman Forum Member

Hey peeps :)

Firstly, hi *waves* just signed up to the forum.

Now, onto business, I have just got myself a VW Golf 1.8 clipper in black. The problem is, the car didnt come with a manual, so im trying to get hold of one. I am also interested in finding out any history to this model of car. I have had a look around the web, and i cant seem to find anything. I only managed to find two people with one of these cars! DOH!

The car is in great condition, but there are a few small things I want to do. Firstly, i wish to remove the seats (Keeping them though as they are the originals) and then put in some stylish leather seats to go with the leather interiour.

The car doesnt have power steering, Im thinking about looking into getting it converted into power steering, but I have no idea what that costs, or what is involved etc, can anyone make any sugestions, or offer any useful advice/info.

I would like to add a few mods onto the car, but nothing that i cant undo, i have a feeling that sometime down the line, these cars will become quite collectable, and I would like to be able to put it back into its original condition if needed (Apart from the steering)

Has anyone had one of these cars etc? Lemme know :)

Cheers,

Noodle.

2. prowler Forum Member

I believe only LHD models had power steering as an option. TSR used to do a kit for about 1k I think.