VW SCIROCCO 2.0 TDI Funny noise from engine

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by gaj07, Jan 14, 2015.

1. gaj07 CGTI Committee - Advertising Manager Moderator

Hi Guys,

This maybe not the correct forum for this post but I thought a VW head could help me :)

I have a 2009 Sirocco TDI 140 and on a cold start ups, I get this funny mechanical noise from the engine bay for about three or four minutes, the sound doesn't appear straight away only 10-20sec after start up. However, I have noticed the other day if you engage the clutch there is no sounds but will return once disengage your foot from the clutch. This doesn't happen all the time but is frequent enough to worry me.

I have already taken to vw who diagnosed and can't find anything wrong with it but getting them to repeat the fault is a hard task. This sound only appears on a cold start, once driving and idle nothing. At the same time if I start my car after work at 5 there will be no noise, or the rest of the day!!

Can anyone please help , Thank you

2. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Is it a 'knocking/ clocking' sound (like something bouncing around inside the engine?) if so I this its the DMF starting to fail as my golf plus is doing it to but stops when I engage the clutch.

3. possle Forum Member

There are problems with the clutch pressure plate at the moment, it brakes in parts and slowly grinds a hole in the bell housing if you dont catch it early.
    Only thing that rings a bell with me tbh

4. gaj07 CGTI Committee - Advertising Manager Moderator

Shouldnt this have in impact in gear changes ? there is no difference in the running of the car or change of gears