W Reg 2000 Blue Jazz Colour concept convertible

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hod1111, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Hod1111 New Member

Hello All

I am new to this forum, I don’t have a GTI but have the 20ltr 8v, I am after some advise.
    1. What Mk is it I keep seeing Mk3 but all the websites say mk4 it was registered 05/2000
    2. Where could I get a new carpet
    3. Does anyone know if the interior ever made with blue leather as all my interior is black

any help would really be helpful

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Hello, and welcome.
    It's a mk3.5, basically a facelift mk3 cabrio that looks like the mk4.
    I think the only mk4 bits it shares are the headlamps, but maybe more.
    It's a bit of an odd one as it's more than just bumpers and wings that differ to a normal mk3 cabrio as from memory the rear panel under lights is changed too, dash and steering wheel are mk4 style, or at least not normal mk3 or 4.
    Definitely seen mk3 colour concept with blue panel leather, I had a mk3 yellow rear seat in my mk2, and looked at a blue mk3 cc with the blue insert leather last year, but not sure if carried over to mk3.5 cabrio.
    As for carpets, may be a case of finding a good second hand set from a mk3/mk3.5 cabrio I'm afraid, could try usual vw breakers, dubstock, Stevens etc.
    Sure people more informed than me can shine more light.

3. Hod1111 New Member

Dodgy thank you mate that does make sense my next question which you may or may not know what about the seats door cards etc which will fit Mk3 or Mk4

4. dodgy

Mk3 cards. Mk4 is completely different to yours.
    I'll see if can find a resource I used when looking at getting one.

5. dodgy

Can't find it, but it had a lot of info.
    Thinking of door cards, mk3 may not line up with dash.
    I'm unsure actually if the mk3 and mk3.5 cabrio dash are same except for the finish, dots spring to mind.
    Plus cabrio door panels are slightly different to tintop I think, to do with mirror area, so need cabrio ones

6. Hod1111 New Member

Cheers mate so for seats, they would need to be a Mk 3 to fit

7. dodgy

Yeah, mk3 front, again I think rears are cabrio specific, so 3, 3.5 cabrio ones.

So do you have missing interior?

You can fit mk4 front seats with modifications, I fitted leon cupra r ones in my inca, have to butcher the front mount in car and the runner wheel on seats. They are bigger than mk3 ones.

8. Hod1111 New Member

No I am ok picked up Mk3 VR6 by luck looking at it now, but want the original colour concept stamped ones, I know they do blue leather inserts for the tin top but mk4 not sure they ever produced them for the cabriolet

9. dodgy

10. Hod1111 New Member

Nice one

11. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

A difference with the cabrio door trims is the speaker fixing; as I recall the speaker has to be removed before the panel can be removed. Rather than simply removing the panel with the speaker still attached.

A de**il about the rear bumper - removing that requires the rear lights taken out, as each conceals a bolt threaded downwards into the bumper. There's also a rubber bung in the recess for the bolt head, stopping water entering from under the light.

Apart from the dotted texture of the later ones, the dash isn't actually any different from the hardtop models. I fitted a cabrio dash in a Variant estate, after taking off the folding top sticker.

dodgy likes this.
  12. Hod1111 New Member

Cheers for the info

13. Hod1111 New Member

All any idea if a carpet from a different Mk would fit

14. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

The closest for carpet would be the regular mk.3 Cabrio. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the carpet's similar with the 2-door hardtop (or even the 4-door). Is it in two halves, front and back, to allow for left or right-hand steering? Or for a different rear floor pan?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  15. Hod1111 New Member

Thanks again I would like to get it back to its former glory and keep it

16. Anj

Anj Paid Member Paid Member

If you want a passenger side mk3.5 original seat to take the foams from and have re covered in leather I have a pretty mint condition one. I swapped mk4 fronts in with the same black and grey trim.