Warning Lights

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by bula_82, Jun 13, 2006.

1. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Bought an Audi A3 11 days ago and today, driving into town one of the error lights flash up, beeps as it should but disappears again.... [:[] [:|]

Now I've had a chat with someone and they've calmed me down a bit and we decided that i'm probably panicing over not alot...

Just wondering if anyone knows if the light would stay on (as the fuel low light does) on the following errors:

Brake pads worn
    Brake system error (eg ABS)
    Brake light failure

The main problem is that as the light didnt stay on (al I know it is was round) I dont know which of the above it'll be [:$]

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Were you giving it some at the time? Traction Control warning?

3. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Nah, driving through a road in town.... [8(]

Although, I have just dropped my sister back into town for work and booted it on the way home, went somewhere quiet and braked rather hard, trying to get it to replicate it but with no avail, so i'm going to keep eye on it and look further into it if re occurs :)

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Do you remember whereabouts the light was on the dash? If you do, then it might list the lights and their functions in the car manual. Might be worth having a flick through in case you recognise it. :thumbup:

5. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Was it the Traction Control light flickering? Were you screwing the **** out of it at the time? On my work A3 the traction light flashes when you boot it and the wheels break traction slightly

6. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

Did the warning light look like a bulb? as you get a warning light when one has gone.

7. Seraph Banned

id check the brake lights for conistent operation
    i had a brake light circuit fault bringing this light on and off too.

8. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Rich, how can you suggest that, I am a very sensible young lady that would do no such thing :lol: ;)

[:D]

Nah anyway I werent, It was a small road in town, when I got back in the car to return the sister to work she checked the brake lights for me and they all work.

The light was in the middle, same place where the low fuel light comes on.

Its not done it since though :)

9. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Typically, posted the above, went out to take some more pics of the car and the light comes back on [:x]

But at least now I know what it is....
    Brake light failure, problem I have is that is keeps coming on and off. In this case its probably not the bulb, is it likely to be wiring? [:s] [:[]

10. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

check the bulbs they can flicker on/off, if not the brake light switch can be problematic

more likely the bulbs.....