Wasted Spark problem

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by jamez, Sep 6, 2016.

1. jamez Forum Member

My ABF engine is fitted with a mega jolt wasted spark ignition system and I am now retuning the engine after a rebuild I was checking the condition of the spark plugs and saw that on cylinder 2 & 3 the spark plug was quite dirty so with the engine running and using a normal timing light I saw a fast steady spark on cylinders 1 & 4 which are a common connection on the coil pack howsever on cylinders 2 & 3 I have on cylinder 2 a flash which appears to be half the speed of cylinder 1 and on cylinder 3 not only does it appear to be half the speed of 1 and 4 but it also regularly drops out sometimes for up to a second . Would this problem be with the coil pack the Megajolt controller or the HT leads ?. I have already replaced the spark plugs and whilst it helped a little bit the problem persists.

Thanks..

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

2 and 3 should pluse the same as 1 and 4.

Try different leads, i.e swap lead 4 with 3 if it is long enough and vise versa. Repeat timing light test.