water in driver footwell & saggy headliner - points to sunroof leak?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by jonlikescad, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jonlikescad Forum Member

hi all,

we've had the mk3 16v for a few weeks now, and the OSR window didn't work and settles about 1cm open from top. the OSR footwell was also mouldy which i put down to the window stuck open and allowing rain in which eventually went bit musty.

Well, my wife parked nose down the hill outside our house (probs a 1:6) and following morning the footwell had probably an inch of water - definitely not coolant as i tasted it(!) well, just a little bit of it. we mopped it up and she went to work.

Also, the rear headlining has been sagging ever since we had the car - doesn't bother me much unless rear windows are open and it flutters in the breeze! Any ideas whether both issues are related, and if not i'd like to focus on the water in footwell thing. Could this be blocked sunroof drains?

Thanks,

JOn.

2. Joesoap Forum Member

Sounds like the front Drains, one on either side.
    You can blow them out with a low pressure line or you can run a bit of piping/wire down them
    they exit in the door pillars around the top door hinge
    You may aswell check the rears also :thumbup:

3. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

4. jonlikescad Forum Member

Brilliant, thanks Joe and Ben!

5. Matt48 Forum Member

yes classic mk2 probs, and sometimes the footwell leak can be from widow screen