what alarm/immobiliser?

Discussion in 'Security' started by gazsgolfgtimk1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Hi
    Wanting to have alarm fitted to my golf mk1 A reg cabriolet. What's the best alarm and where to have work done? How much? I am in sheffield.
    Thanks

2. g60_king New Member

if you wnat a top quality, never failing, bombproof alarm then go for a clifford. any clifford will do. like the new one just out which lets you be a popstar and turn the car on from the touch of a button. or if you want a real mans alarm that suits a guy that spends his time drinking lager in a pub all day get a toad. when havingyour work carried our always be there with the car becauseyou can never trust anyone.

3. DJ_Marky_Marc In Delete Queue

A very large and loud dog will also stop chavs stealing your radio while you pop into the shops......

4. Hiya
    Like the info! Maybe a large dog would trash my leather seats, but a nice thought.

5. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Never failing..hmmm not so sure about that.

2 bad points about this.
    1. It may invalidate the Cat 1 certification

2. It's illegal to leave a car running unnatended
    The offence is known as 'quitting'. Leaving the car unattended (on a road) with the engine running is an offence - even just popping into that shop!

:lol:

Clifford for gadgets, Toad for solid reliability IMHO.

Info lifted from this 5ive-o thread.