What alarms have you guys fitted?

Discussion in 'Security' started by squidlegs, Nov 17, 2010.

1. squidlegs Forum Member

What alarms have you guys fitted? I'm not sure what to fit, i have a cobra immobiliser on atm (not sure what to do to it after fitting an alarm)

Basically, all I want is to be able to unlock my car with a button, but have some added security and assurance.

2. SpacyG60 New Member

i have a cobra 7928 on its last legs, keeps going off randomly and gives a long high pitched sound when arming, think ill have to rip it out soon or get someone to check it out.

however it does unlock all doors etc with the touch of a button

3. squidlegs Forum Member

How long has it lasted and was it fitted professionally or not?

Does it really matter if it has?

4. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Toad AI606 professionally fitted on mine and comes well recommended by most i think. Gives you remote locking as well as alarm and immobiliser for a reasonable price. Plus is acknowledged by all the major insurers.

5. somafunk Forum Member

I finally got an Autowatch 457 Rli alarm/immobiliser fitted to my 1984 mk2 last weekend, cost me 320 but i consider it well worth it for peace of mind......and i got a very bright blinky blue led for the dashboard which is worth the install price alone! ;)

6. Chrisrpal Events Team

I have a Clifford Concept 600 full inclosure with window wind up. Also have a tracker fitted. Been very happy with the Clifford. Only problem I have had was the siren Battery. They can be expensive, likewise with the sensors if they go wrong but overall very happy.

Best function is the warn away churp.:)

7. tobyk

tobyk Forum Member

I've got a Clifford Concept 600 too. Works fine, can't fault it, apart from when it confused the mot tester with the time delay self arming immobiliser haha

8. Mike Oxawhopper Forum Member

i have a clifford arrow, seems to work ok. has alsorts on it, total closure, auto locking, auto arming ect. was looking at remote start.

9. Chrisrpal Events Team

With Clifford Electronics you get life time warrenty on the Immobilser unit and get cheaper insurance on CAT 2 and CAT1 units.

10. squidlegs Forum Member

there was a mk3 at college today - chirping away all day, that might of been that clifford concept 600. I don't want that if it chirps all the time because some cars are parked next to it [:s]

11. Chrisrpal Events Team

Sensor fault. costs about 50 to fix. I love my clifford even tho had two problems battery backup and sensor. Anyway it's a good idea to get your clifford serviced a few times.

12. Chrisrpal Events Team

I had two break in attemps by theives in my mk2 gti but my clifford stopped the ****ers!!!!

13. animaniac Forum Member

Toad, scorpion, sigma seem to be the most reliable ones.

Scorpion now own toad & sigma, and they do the whole range of add on sensors.

I'm stuck between scorpion and toad both can run other sensors but with the toad they just plug in the alarm and the siren makes the warn away, where as the scorpion requires an additional buzzer.

http://www.scorpionauto.com/securityaccessories.htm

14. Chrisrpal Events Team

Go for whichever has Cat 1 Certificate :) cheaper insurance.

15. Mike Oxawhopper Forum Member

mine chirps , have to sit in car lock it all and turn the ignition on to make the alarm sound, reset it by the keyfob and seems to be ok for a week or two.

its dose **** me off a bit, plus i dont know the valet code which would be very usefull.

CHRISRPAL: where could i go to get mine serviced? and would i have to pay.

i have the cert for the alarm and the address where it was fitted, its in wrexham . dont fancy a trek all the way down there

16. Mike Oxawhopper Forum Member

just found out on the clifford website, i can only get it sorted by them if i actually purchased the alarm grrrrrrrrrrrr. plus it says i would have to take the alarm out of the car and send it to them!!! lolol.

guess im going to have to find an alarm specialst in lancashire.

17. Chrisrpal Events Team

Yes you would have to pay sadly. I installed my clifford myself, not too hard really. I would recommend soldering all wires as it says in the clifford installation manual.

You need Cliffnet wizward to reset valet code. You can buy it off ebay for around 30 ish I think. I got cliffnet wizard and it's very good, you can change settings such as alarm sounds and what your special key *'s do. I had mine wired up to my head lights, so you press the headlights which energised a timer relay and kept my headlights on for 5 mins, great for walking away from car in the dark.

Your alarm chirps randomly because the Dual Zone Proximity Sensor is faulty. Common fault.

If you need wiring diagrams for your clifford alarm let me know. The sensor is plug and play and can be bought off ebay for about 50 I think.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  18. Mike Oxawhopper Forum Member

alar was installed by a garage, and looks like they did a good job of it too. all the connections are good, wires tucked away nicely.

i did manage to get a full wiring diagram, and handbook for it off the internet. some guy had done a pdf of his :)

the chirp isnt random, it will chirp once a second till i make it turn off. grrr. lol but when the alarm is working well it dose a damn good job. i would just like to reset it and resewt the velet code ect so i can adjust the settings to my liking.

cheers for the info chrispal.