What are good tires? help?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by J Spins, Sep 4, 2004.

1. J Spins New Member

Wadap im a newbie at this and i want some good sport autocross type of tires that would stick like nothing else. I have a mk4 vr6 and i want to know what tires are best. Im thinking of Pirelli P-Zero Corsas. Im going to be driving this daily. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Michelin Full Race Slicks work best for me! :lol:

3. Jeff Forum Junkie

toyo make some good tyres for a reasonable price.

4. iguana Forum Member

None of the track spec rubber is going to be great as an everyday tyre & all a bit cack in the wet.

Popular choices for road legal track rubber this side of the pond tends to be Yoko AO32R or AO48R, Dunlop Formula R, & Michelin Pilot sport cup, & the new boy on the block the Toyo 888, but most popular tyre for heavier cars i.e Porsches & M3s (ok they are RWD tho) seems to be the Dunlop Formula R in DO1J fitment for trackdays.

Tho as its for autocross- which as I understand is arseing about around cones yes? well maybe then the super soft version of the Yoko A032R might be best.

Might give the Colway intermediate or Formula 2 tarmac rally spec jobbies myself- (dunno if you can get 'em in USA) they seem to be popular as the porker 924 racecar control tyre, the again I might also give those slick that Tubs uses a go too [:D]

5. iguana Forum Member

ps hows ya German? this might be of some use-

[​IMG]