what do you do if your cars getting you down?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by olliemk2, Jun 24, 2008.

1. olliemk2 Forum Member

You know when something breaks or goes wrong on your golf, and as soon as its fixed something else goes wrong!!:o [:x]
    Im sure this happens to everyone on here at some point but I was wondering how you cope? If moneys tight etc and you really want the car to be just right and you feel like your losing the battle? At the minute i just keep telling myself i'll get there in the end and then all will be well, and if that dont work I have a few drinks, that soon cheers me up!! How do you folks get over it? Oh and sometimes i'll read a really tough build thread on here to get my morale back up again!:lol:

2. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I tend to come on here.:lol: That and a beer helps with the pain.

3. olliemk2 Forum Member

another thing i'm doing today is looking at the car in my sig nice and clean and telling myself "one day it'l all work properly, it'l go well with a vr in it, stop properly and handle amazingly", yeah right in about 2 years!!:lol:

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

beer works good haha

get on top of the issues and it should be bullet proof

whats yours doing to you right now?

5. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Tantrums or throwing things (usually of importance, which tend to break on impact) works well for me :)

6. olliemk2 Forum Member

i like that one! i'll remember that!:lol:

7. olliemk2 Forum Member

Well...(deep breath), just sorted the brakes out, new pads and master cylinder, and got the thing home and my new jetex zorst sounded like it was blowing (again) and the car wasnt running too well either on tickover, sounded like a slight misfire, spluttering a bit. Am going out in it tonight to bed my pads in and am hoping it has gone away! Cant get this effin zorst to stop blowing though!![:x] :lol:
    Im alright now but for about an hour i was feeling well sorry for myself! :lol:

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I deal with it by getting out my little plastic friend and spend spend spend till all is well, however if you cant do that I find dubmuffins idea works great for me aswell!

We all go throu it so dont worry about it, just think that you could be driving a soulless new car and have like 10grand of debt to pay for it, yea it would work but id rather walk!

9. olliemk2 Forum Member

nice one mate, your right. I'd rather have a tempremental mk2 than a new focus anyday!!!

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

when you get it working, go out and give it death. that will make it better again

drive near any popular trendy bars and pretty females will flock

11. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

^^^ So tru, Iv spent many hrs building up my mk2 2.0 16v and im off on a track day this saturday, cant f***ing wait took it for a late night test drive yestrday and it was brilliant! makes it all worth while. As for the females flocking...... well most seem to take one look and wonder why im driving a 23yr old car painted bright orange with absolutly no interior, bar one seat:lol:

12. olliemk2 Forum Member

thanks matt, will do that, nipped out to it just then and it wasnt missing!! woohoo self repairing golf!!:lol: [:D]

And if the birds dont flock i'll blame you matt!!;) :lol:

13. olliemk2 Forum Member

haha yeh they do the same to me!! not got orange paint but the zorst soon sees them off!!
    bwarp!!!! pop! bang!! hahaha!:lol:

14. Dubmuffin Forum Member

:lol: I can vouch for the fact that most of my girl mates wouldn't even look twice unless the plate said 53 onwards

15. olliemk2 Forum Member

always about the money with the ladies aint it!!;) :lol:

16. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Haha, i'm a welcome exception, i've a bit more sense than them and i'll think... hmmm, they've spent a lot on that... get in ;)

17. olliemk2 Forum Member

hahaha!! so its still about the money, you've just got better detective skills!! "he's driving an old car, bet that costs him loads of money cos it breaks all the time etc...= money!!!"
    fairplay thats funny!:lol: ;)

18. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i had a couple of cars in the past that girls liked.

no one likes mk3s, girls dont even notice it, but saying that, the other night, one girl said it looked moody (was parked down a badly lit road lol)

they liked the mk2, that was "cute"

one girl fell in love with the mk3 after a good b road thrash. she liked it so much she asked if we could go back the way we came [:D]

19. olliemk2 Forum Member

fairplay mate did she like the rough ride!!;) :lol:

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

not got that far yet. working on it ;)

she thought the car was great though. ill put the shiney wheels on it too. they will flock from miles around. i know they will