what stage to fit alarm?

Discussion in 'Security' started by scottmk1, Dec 14, 2003.

1. scottmk1 Forum Member

im building a mk1 golf at the mo, just now all thats benn done to the inside is the wiring loom refitted. im just wondering if this is too early to fit an alarm/imobiliser? if it is what would be the best stage to do it at? cheers for any help peeps

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

id defo fit it before all the trims go in ,so you can hide the wiring well

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

Get it fitted asap, and get the unit burried deep within the dash, with all the wires right at the back so they are totally inaccessible.

4. scottmk1 Forum Member

well, the interior wont be getting touched for a couple of months, maybe longer knowing me. does an alarm fitter need the car to have power?

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

yeah it'l need power

6. scottmk1 Forum Member

ok, so i need to get the lump in and wire the whole lot up? i take it it would be best if every thing was wired up rather than just a random selection?

7. Studweiser Forum Member

ok installer point of view here. if i was installing on this one, i would be happier knowing that the engine actually starts up and there's no running probs. would also prefer it if the interior wiring wasn't gonna have any major mods after alarm is installed. From my past experiences, any faults that develop are alway blamed on the alarm. having trims out no probs, just make sure that the guy installing is used to dubs and knows where he can and can't put stuff, nothing worse than finding out when you go to put trims back, that bits of alarm are right where an important bit of car goes.

8. scottmk1 Forum Member

ok thanks for the advice, i will wait till its a runner before i get the alarm done. any recomendations of make/models, and decent fitter in scotland?