What to do with P slots?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by tomlaw, Nov 11, 2003.

1. tomlaw Forum Member

I've just acquired a set of pirelli P slots with a few knocks and scrapes, they're getting decent rubber put on them, but what do I do to tidy them up? Spray em silver again? Polish em? Or maybe spray em matt black? My car is a black Mk2 driver. How much time would it take to polish em, (bearing in mind the face of the wheel is pretty flat) what could I do with the centre caps, and how do I stop em tarnishing when they're on?
    [​IMG]
    As for polishing, is it a case of going down finer and finer with wet & dry?
    Edited by: tomlaw

2. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

piece of take a leak to polish them mate a week maybe?

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

uh huh- polish em, would look good on black mk2.........

4. Admin Guest

black face with silver in the inside of the P?

5. steveg60cab Forum Member

i refurbed Woky's wheels for him a couple of weeks ago, it took longer to paint them than to polish them, believe me!!!
    if you wanted me to polish them, it'd be about 35 a wheel and i'd remove the curbing in that price too.
    as for centres, a decent machine shop could knock some up quite cheaply and you could have those polished too

6. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Get em diamond cut - saw some teardrops that had been done, and it was the first time I actually liked teardrops.

Pirelli P's would look well nice when done, and a little different too, every man and his dog is polishin stuff now, dare to be different...

7. tomlaw Forum Member

You got any pictures of what diamond cut wheels look like, I've never heard of that before? I'll also mention I'm on a budget (which will be spent on the tyres) so any attempts will involve large amounts of elbow grease on my part! Thanks for your suggestions, keep em comin :)